Re: [SLUG] Windblows background processes

From: perthie (perthie@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 21:31:49 EDT

if your goal is to make the machine run faster, then see this page: (at
work its the "man page" for exactly that
question.)http://www.fnds.net/WinXP/xpserv.html

if its a serious spyware issue, then you may need to either have
someone remove it for you (which is what i do for a living), or the
obligatory windows reinstall or system restore (which often brings old
spyware back with it).

if its a photoshop issue, you should look at how its utilizing its swap
files and plugins (many of which are entirely unnecessary). all of
these are in the properties menu item under the file menu (if i
remember correctly).

and finally, it might help to turn off your antivirus programs
temporarily (or possibly run something more lightweight). also set your
page file to a static size so it doesnt have to be resized all the time
(2000M is probably good based on your system specs).

if you'd like to contact me during the day for some quick advice,
e-mail me off list; id be glad to help.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs