[SLUG] SSH forwarding

From: Tevfik Yücek (tevfik.yucek@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 11:45:34 EDT

Hi all,

I am trying to ssh to my linux machine and run x applications. I've
enabled X forwarding in sshd_config and restarted ssh.

X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10

Everything is fine when I use "-X" switch to ssh (ssh -X -l yucek
mycompname). However, when i dont use that switch, the DISPLAY
variable is not set and can not open X applications. Well I can set it
manually ofcourse.

I searched the web without a solution. I dont think I am overwriting
this variable with my login or rc files as it is working with -X
switch.

I am trying to use FreeNX and I guess this might be giving me trouble
as I can authenticate but can not start the session.

I am usin Slackware 10.1 in the linux computer if it is important.

I would appreciate if you can give my any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Tevfik

--
There is no reasonable defense against an idiot with an agenda.