Re: [SLUG] spamAssasin/Procmail tweaking; Yea! It's working, but......

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 14:46:34 EDT

patrick grantham wrote:

> Nearly all spam entering the server is being correctly marked as spam
> for all users (I opted to have [SPAM]” added to the beginning of the
> subject line for an item that scores as spam) Problem is spam to me is
> correctly being redirected to the spam file, but no one else’s
> Everyone else’s is going through and with the local rules are nicely
> being deleted. I can’t see to see why “all” spam is not being
> trapped.
> Could it be permissions of spam file? Who should be the owner? What
> should the file attributes be?

I would say "yes". It is the permissions of the spam file. The spam file
will need to be group writable by everyone who has need to read/write
this file.

The easiest way to prove that this is the problem would be to "chmod 666
/var/spool/mail/spam" and see if that works for you. Leaving it like
that may or may not be what you want to do.

How are you dealing with false-positives? Each user really should have
their own spam inbox to sort through on their own to find any false
positives without fear of someone else seeing mis-identified email.

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>