Re: [SLUG] Can't switch out of X

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 22:39:03 EDT

> Anyone ever heard of being unable to hit Ctrl-Alt-Fn to switch to a
> console out of X? If so, what was the problem/fix?

   I don't know, but I wonder if the problem would survive killing
the X server (with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace) then testing Ctrl-Alt-Fn.
(if the new X server doesn't automatically rebuild a startx command
will have to be entered)

  I seem to recal having this problem long ago and it did NOT
survive killing the X server, if I remember correctly.
I think it was from a bad load. I go back and forth every
5 or 10 minutes. I run 11 LINUX terminals in Slackware.

--
    Ron