Re: [SLUG] Laptop riot

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 23:25:31 EDT

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Chuck Hast wrote:

> On 8/16/05, Eben King <eben1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> > hOn Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Chuck Hast wrote:

> > > I clicked on it and got the art. and a POPUP... And I have popups turned
> > > off on Firefox... Guess they have found a work around for that one too.
> > > Blasted trash.
> >
> > None in Opera, but then I browse with Javascript turned off. Few (no?) ways
> > of making a popup that don't use JS.
>
> Rats! I am using gmail and it needs it turned on, guess I will turn it off
> when I go poking around, it needs to ask you if you want to allow java
> for a given site.

Hm yeah, I can't get Gmail to work with Opera no matter what, so for that
site and a few others, I use FF.

Also, Java and Javascript are not related. It's just that whoever named JS
was hoping to cash in on misunderstandings between that and Java. Looks
like it worked.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Ben Franklin