Re: [SLUG] Laptop riot

From: Mark Banschbach (mrbear37@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 07:41:43 EDT

Mario,

  That is indeed the question. Will there ever be
peace and reason. It goes back down to one of the
great things about open source. Free software, free
information, sharing what we have with those who are
less fortunate, only by virtue of the place where they
were born. When the human race looks at itself and
decides that there is really no differences in people.

People are people. When we are willing to set aside
our own greed for the sake of our brothers and
sisters.
When we change our priorities to a global perspective.
When you get right down to it. Greed is the largest
single factor in why the issues we face in our world
still exist.

  It is why people starve to death while others have
surplus. It is why even in the US we have people who
starve, people who go without medical attention. It
is why we have energy shortages, it is why there is no
peace.

  To inflict pain and suffering on another person for
the sake of a piece of plastic. You hold the value of
a computer above that of a human.

  As people we surely have a very long way to go.

Getting off the soapbox..

Mark

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs