[SLUG] Sarasota Meeting Location

From: Craig Zeigler (craig@ctrust.com)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 09:15:32 EDT

I have seen a good bit of complaining about meeting location this
morning, and if people are really unhappy about the location, lets find
another. I have compiled a list of requested features for the venue, and
will provide them. Lets hear some suggestions, and get this solved.

1. Wireless
2. Coffee/Beverage (SSLUG is for the beer, and I think we should nave
non-alcoholic meetings in the even someone wants to bring minors to a
meeting. Many beer pubs do not permit anyone under 21)
3. Nibblets (food of curse, but not necessarily a full menu. Pastries
and things that go well with coffee)
4. Space to deploy at least one or two workstations in case people need
help with something.
5. Space to deploy a projector in the unlikely event we actually want to
have a presentation (something I'm working on for perhaps next month's
meeting)

Feel free to add to these, as they are just what I can think of at the
moment. People have requested the above and a few of them are more
important than others.

Perhaps with the Free pr0n day thing in bradentucky we'll see some fresh
blood (*drool*mmmm blood....) at the next few meetings and it would be
nice to accommodate them and provide a place to actually promote
Linux/open source.

</rant>

--
Craig Zeigler