RE: [SLUG] Breezy

From: Sick Twist (thesicktwist@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 18:44:18 EDT

>From: Joe Brandt <vzd1s11k@verizon.net>
>To: slug@nks.net
>Subject: [SLUG] Breezy
>Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:54:13 -0400
>

>>If Hoary is the version of Ubuntu that you tried, perhaps you should give
>>Breezy a go. It is still about two months before it is officially released
>>but I've been testing it the past couple days and have only encountered a
>>few minor problems. However, there will be a lot of package changes
>>between now and the October release so stability is not a sure thing.
>
>Am I correct in that you add breezy repositories and do a "sudo apt-get
>distro upgrade". To upgrade Hoary to Breezy?
>Kind of a risky maneuver considering how long it took me to get everything
>on this laptop working in Hoary.
>
>Joe Brandt
If you want to upgrade to Breezy:
1. Change all the instances of "hoary" to "breezy" in /etc/apt/sources.list
2. sudo apt-get update
3. sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Or if you want to do a fresh install, here are the Colony 3 images that were
just released (there are live CD's as well):
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/breezy/colony-3/

If you run across any bugs, now is a good time to report them so they are
fixed for the official release.
-Jonathon