Re: [SLUG] usb devices

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 22:23:57 EDT

>Eh, try it anyhow. The worst that can happen is it doesn't work. Just
>don't specify the type if you mount it by hand (it's probably FAT{16,32} or
>vfat) and make sure usb-storage is loaded. Most are partitioned (like a
>hard disk), some are not (like a floppy).

I did. I may try it again since now I know a few places to look that I
didn't before.

>>I thought the card reader would be easier since we have it.
>>

>Apparently not.

Shyeah! One thing about Linux, the end justifies the means.

>>When I specify /dev/sda it doesn't show anything.
>>

>Nothing at all, or no partitions?

Nothing. I can find the reader. Just can't find the card therin.

>It's not unlikely for the card to be
>unpartitioned. You'd see "Disk /dev/sda: 4 heads, 32 sectors, 978
>cylinders" or similar, and that's it. At least, that's what I think it'd
>look like. In that case, mount sda instead of sda1.
>
>If you got nothing instead, try /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc, etc. Numbering starts
>at sda when usb-storage is loaded, and increments for each device.

It looks like it should be in /proc/bus/usb and either under Lun: 00,
01, or 02 as sdc of some type.

--Michael