[SLUG] Making VCD - won't work on Apex AD800

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 07:51:13 EDT

Hello All

I am trying to make some VCD (Video CD's) and I am having issues. I'm
following the instructions I found at this site:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Create_a_VCD_or_SVCD

The instructions seem generic enough and seem to work just fine with my
FC3 installation.

However I cannot get the disks to play in my DVD player, yet they play
well using mplayer on FC3. I can even play them under Windows. My DVD
player is an apex AD-800 that supposedly plays everything.

Any thoughts?