RE: [SLUG] test (no reply please)

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 07:10:58 EDT

>The way to "probe" majordomo is to send an email to majordomo@nks.net, and
include, in the body of the email

>w_h_i_c_h my.email.address (remove the underscores)

>You'll get a reply back telling you which (if any) lists you're on.
>Pinging majordomo is preferable to pinging the list itself. If majordomo
> says you're in, you're in. And that way, the list doesn't end up with
excess traffic on it.

>Paul

Naturally, being the "less-than-sharpest-knife-in-the-drawer", I wondered if
the string "my.email.address" was a variable that would cause majordomo to
use the sender's email address, or if I needed to replace the string with my
own address. So I tested and (you guessed it), you have to replace the
string with your own address.

I can also report that B. Gates is not a subscriber to our list...<grin>

Ken Elliott

Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted
are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy
or position of NKS or any of its employees.