Re: [SLUG] SUSE 9.3 Pro Mail

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 26 2005 - 19:25:44 EDT

On Friday 26 August 2005 06:42 pm, Richard Smoot wrote:
> I am running the 5 CD free download SUSE9.3 Pro.
> I am writing this in Thunderbird running on XANDROS 2.0.
> SUSE 9.3 Pro comes with Firefox but not Thunderbird.
> I am trying Kmail in SUSE 9.3Pro. I can receive mail OK,
> but cann't send mail. My Thunderbird SMTP settings don't seem
> to translate correctly to Kmail.
> My question is what are the tampabay.rr.com send mail settings
> for Kmail?

 All I did was add the server names and it worked first try for me. The two
servers are "pop-server.tampabay.rr.com" and "smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com". I
could only receive if I set encryption to "none" and authentication to "clear
text" for POP. For smtp, if you leave authentication blank (default on mine)
it works. I can't send if I check off the authentication box.

 Hope this helps,
 Jeff