Re: [SLUG] Double Clock Speed Problem

From: Mike Branda (realraccoon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Aug 27 2005 - 01:56:03 EDT

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 19:38 -0400, Joe Brandt wrote:
> In searching through the Ubuntu Forums I ran across this How-to
> concerinig the double clockspeed problem discussed last week.
>

> Hope I am not too late.
>
> ps Breezy Xserver is severely broken right now. I had to reinstall.
> Wait a couple of weeks before experimenting.
>
> Joe

This is indeed what I had to do. After our previous conversation I made
an attempt to install colony 3 of breezy. After initial install stage
1, it would unpack the kernel, and then complain about the volume group
of dev/hda not existing. Some kind of LVM oops on their end I guess.
In the end I put the working SuSE back on it, installed the custom
mantel (suse people) 2.6.13 kernel RPM with all the SuSE fluff, and then
passed the no_timer_check option to the grub. It worked and I have wifi
and standard eth. however the synaptics touchpad is a bit....shall we
say...touchy?? :^) I got it about 80 percent of the way operational
but his touchpad takes about 4 or 5 tries to highlight text for
copying. It'll move the cursor on click to where you want and tracks
good... but when you click and drag to highlight text or to move a
window, it won't highlight and wont move (until like 3 or 4 tries
later).

Thx for the reply!!

Mike Branda Jr.