Re: [SLUG] Pinellas county moving to Linux???

From: John Pugh (jpugh@NOVELL.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 07:33:36 EDT

A lot of government entities are moving to open source. Recently the
Commonwealth of Mass chose to "move" to the OpenDocument standard - a
standard that MS Office does not support...yet.

Yes...Pinellas has been running Linux for edge servers for a short
while...Sarasota County is working with it - the Sarasota County school
system is looking to do what Indiana did - every student gets an
inexpensive computer running....Linux.

JP

<43263CF8.80407@tampabay.rr.com>,
lugmail@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> I was just perusing the county gov't employment ops when I stumbled
> across this... http://136.174.187.14/persnl/emp&test/14666.htm
>
> If you look at the requirements, it says Linux (IT Strategic
> Direction). Interesting, eh?

> This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by
Networked