[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: [SLUG] link to linux.org]]

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Fri Sep 16 2005 - 11:15:35 EDT

Linux.org has been advised of their problem.

 - Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net> <ian@blenke.com> http://ian.blenke.com

attached mail follows:

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:39:19 -0400
"Ian C. Blenke" <icblenke@nks.net> wrote:

> http://linux.org unreachable. Your blacklist is apparently blocking
> people from advising you of this as well.
>
> "Guess which URL was recently referenced in today's NY Times tech
> article (req. required):
> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/15/technology/circuits/15askk.html.?
> I'm guessing they are losing a lot of traffic if others are having
> trouble loading http://linux.org."

Ian,

Thanks for your mail. Linux Online is and has always been www.linux.org
(with the www) as we have given and do give access to a number of
national subdomains (like nl.linux.org, for example). I saw the piece
in the NY Times yesterday morning and the first thing I did was email
our network administrator and tell him that they had linked
http://linux.org. I suppose we've lost some traffic, but what can you
do? Thanks for your concern.

> "When I tried to email feedback@linux.org about the problem my email
> wasbounced by their blacklist -- my email relay
> smtpauth09.mail.atl.earthlink.net was listed as a "dial up"?! See
> http://www.invlogic.com/mail/dial.html (and
> http://lists.cinlug.org/pipermail/cinlug/2004-October/000009.html for
> background information)."

I think the mail system is sometimes disfunctional and this happens, I
think, with too much frequency. I've taken this up with our network
admin on several occasions and this is something that needs to be worked
on. I'll pass that URL on to him and see what he says.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Mike Jordan

Webmaster                 Linux Online Inc.
http://www.linux.org/     webmaster@Linux.org
Disclaimer:
Opinions expresses are my own and do not
reflect the official policy of Linux Online Inc.
unless specified.
By accepting this email you agree that:
The contents of this communication are for the
private viewing of the recipient(s) and may not
be posted, forwarded or reprinted without the
express written permission of the sender.
All rights reserved