Re: [SLUG] nfs client listing

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 16:53:06 EDT

Alex Harris wrote:

>That show's what's AVAILABLE to be mounted
>
>What I need is a listing of WHO HAS mounted.

 From what I remember, "showmount -e" shows you the exports AVAILABLE to
be mounted, and "showmount"/"showmount -a" shows who has ACTUALLY
mounted (but I could be wrong, it's been a while).

Showmount connects to portmap (UDP 111) and asks for the port for the
"mount" RPC server, portmap responds with the port number (typically the
well known port 872 bound to the listening rpc.mount daemon), showmount
then connects to rpc.mount using that port and asks for a list of
exports or a list of clients connected.

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net> <ian@blenke.com> http://ian.blenke.com/