[SLUG] SUSE 9.3 & Epson Scanner

From: Richard Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 11:52:53 EDT

I have an Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner. It works on this hardware
in XANDROS 2.0.
Same hardware but with SUSE 9.3 Pro I can not get a successful install.
SUSE 9.3 sees the scanner. It shows up in usbview.
When I run YAST hardware, click on scanner, it shows an Epson scanner
there. I go to configure it, the database includes the exact model I have
and says every feature should work. I tell it to go and it never finishes
configuring it. I have given it more than 1/2 hour and it never finishes it.
Has anyone successfully installed an Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner
using USB in SUSE 9.3 Pro?
I have tried it with and without the ISCAN drivers.

                       Richard Smoot