Re: [SLUG] CS vs BA

From: Bob Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Oct 06 2005 - 23:23:52 EDT

> Paul M Foster wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 06:21:09PM -0400, Ian C. Blenke wrote:
> >
> ><snip>
> >

> >>How can I make money fast enough to buffer
> >>myself from the impending crash of western civilization.
> >>

> >Say, when is that, on your calendar? It's not on mine, and I'd like
> >know ahead of time. ;-}
> >
> >Paul
> >

> October 7th, 2005.
>
> OH, SH...

Actually there is a new book out about al-qa'ida, threats to
the west etc. You can see it on the new arrivals shelf
at Borders. They say that the terrorists like to attack on
significant dates (anniversaries of some perceived wrong etc)
and the date you mention is one of the threat dates that is
published in the book. Which has a black cover. ...
So stay tuned.

There was an interesting piece on Slashdot a couple of
days ago. Apparently Harriet Miers worked for Bill Gates when
DOS 6.0 was released with the defective compression code that
actually hosed people's systems. A class-action was begun
against Microsoft, and Miers was able to get it thrown out.
It went basically as so - if you did not actually USE the
defective part of the code (even though you paid for the
implied functionality) then you had no standing to sue.

Anyone know more?

- Bob