Re: [SLUG] Re: SFTP Help

From: Keith Lelacheur (themercuryman@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 11:41:08 EDT

On 10/11/05, Eben King <eben1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Keith Lelacheur wrote:

> in
> somewhat
> though.
> batchfile
> > >
> > > Why not use scp instead? It's meant for that kind of noninteractive
> thing.
> >
> > I do not know if I can use "scp" (I was not aware that it existed
> actually).
> > The thing is I am sending to someone elses SFTP server that I do not
> have
> > control over. Is SCP something that is implicit in SSH/SFTP server
> > installations?
>
> Yes. It appears to be equivalent to catting the file over an SSH
> connection
> (without the worries about escape characters and all that).
>
> --
> -eben ebQenW1@EtaRmpTabYayU.rIr.OcoPm home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar<http://home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar>
>
> Logic is a systematic method of coming to
> the wrong conclusion with confidence.

Alright I am trying to use scp, but I am new to the whole public/private key
thing. SCP wants to work but it is failing authentication at the key level
and resorting back to password authentication. I am sure I am missing
something basic, but I not sure what it is at this point. Here is the
verbose output (sanitized of course). Any help is appreciated.

[root@LNXPROCSVR Backup051011]# scp -v ./Filetomove.rtf username@69
.?.?.?:/Filetomove.rtf

Executing: program /usr/bin/ssh host 69.?.?.?, user username, command scp -v
-t /Filetomove.rtf

OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004

debug1: Applying options for *

debug1: Connecting to 69.?.?.? [69.?.?.?] port 22.

debug1: Connection established.

debug1: permanently_set_uid: 0/0

debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/identity type -1

debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_rsa type -1

debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_dsa type -1

debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version 0

debug1: no match: 0

debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.9p1

debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent

debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received

debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none

debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none

debug1: sending SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_INIT

debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY

debug1: Host '69.?.?.?' is known and matches the DSA host key.

debug1: Found key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts:1

debug1: ssh_dss_verify: signature correct

debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent

debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS

debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received

debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password

debug1: Trying private key: /root/.ssh/identity

debug1: Trying private key: /root/.ssh/id_rsa

debug1: Trying private key: /root/.ssh/id_dsa

debug1: Next authentication method: password

username@69.?.?.?'s password:

debug1: Authentication succeeded (password).

debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]

debug1: Entering interactive session.

debug1: Sending command: scp -v -t /Filetomove.rtf