Re: [SLUG] Laptop Selection

From: Bleeber (bleeber@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 23:34:33 EDT

Don't know If you are interested but I have a Thinkpad t42-2379 That I
purchased new in January that I am looking to sell since I have a new
baby on the way. I paid 2300 for it but would be willing to let it go
for $1200. It came with WindowsXP but is currently running Debian

Here are the stats:

General
Model name 2379R9U

Architecture
Bus type/architecture PCI
Bays Ultrabay Slim
Indicator light Yes
Cover material Magnesium
PC Card support 2 Type II or I Type III

Display
External display supported Yes
Simultaneous external display Yes
Screen type description TFT
Viewable image size (diagonal) inches 15
Screen illumination Backlit
Max colors or gray shades 16777216
Maximum Resolution 1400x1050

Graphics
Video RAM std/max 32MB
Description ATI Mobility RADEON 9000
Graphics type XGA
Video RAM type DDR SDRAM
Max resolution 2048x1536 16777216 colors
Max colors (with max video RAM) 16777216
Graphics bus interface AGP 4X
Video on Planar Yes

Processor
Processor (CPU) Intel Pentium M Processor 745
Processor speed[1] 1.80 GHz
Front side bus (FSB) 400 MHz
Internal L2 cache memory size 2 MB

System memory
Memory (RAM) std/max[8] 512MB / 2GB
RAM slots total 2 SODIMM
RAM slots available 1 SODIMM
Memory speed 333 MHz
RAM type DDR SDRAM
Module specifications PC2700

Hard drive
Hard disk size (GB)[4] 60 GB
Interface type Serial ATA
Hard drive speed (RPM) 7200

Optical device
Optical device CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo
Device interface EIDE
Optical device speed[5] 24X/24X/24X/8X Max

Audio
Integrated speakers 2
Speaker power rating 1.0 Watts
Volume control buttons Yes
Speaker Quantity 2 (Internal Speakers)
Number of speakers 2
Audio chipset SoundMAX
Audio data width n/a
Audio on planar Yes

Communications
Fax/modem description 56K V.92 designed modem
Fax/modem speed[3] 56Kbps data/14.4Kbps fax
Infrared port Yes
Infrared port speed 4Mbps
Ethernet description Integrated Intel PRO/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Ethernet interface type Gigabit Ethernet- Integrated
Ethernet on motherboard Yes

Wireless Networking Components
Wireless speed 11a:54Mbps, 11b:11Mbps, 11g:54Mbps
Wireless Standard[10] ThinkPad 11a/b/g Wi-Fi wireless
Wireless Type LAN
Antenna Ultra Connect
Description ThinkPad 11a/b/g Wi-Fi Wireless
Frequency 802.11a: 5GHz/802.11b/g: 2.4GHz
Wireless Implementation (Form Factor) Mini PCI

Accessories
A/C adapter 72 watt
Worldwide A/C compatibility Yes
Port replication Supported
Docking station None

Standard features
Pointing Device Type ThinkPad UltraNav
Keyboard type[11] Full size
Keyboard light Yes
Product approvals/certifications BSMI, CB Report, CCC (China), CE
MARK, CUL, FCC Class B - Part 15, MIC (Korea), MPR-II, NOM (Mexico),
SMA, VCCI Class 2

Expansion options
Plug and play support Yes
Parallel Port Type 1 (EPP)
Serial Port Type 2 (USB 2.0)
Port connectors 2 USB 2.0, AC adapter, Expansion Bus port (for Dock
II/Mini Dock or Port Replicator II), External Display, External
microphone, Headphone / Line out, Infrared, Parallel, RJ-11, RJ-45,
S-Video out
Slots total (available) and type 1(0) Communication Daughter Card
2,1(0) PC Card
Compact flash slot No
Compact Flash Slot No
Security Chip Embedded Security Subsystem 2.0
BIOS type Flash ROM
Infrared Support Yes

Security
Security features Embedded Security Subsystem 2.0, Hard disk drive
password, Integrated fingerprint reader, Power-on password, Security
Slot, Supervisor password
Security identification technology Fingerprint Reader

3 Year warranty

Battery
Battery Types 9 Cell Lithium-Ion
Battery Voltage 10.8 V