Re: [SLUG] K3B & XMMS

From: Vern (vern@peacenet.us)
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 05:03:49 EDT

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 21:58 -0500, michael hast wrote:
> Bill Shaw wrote:
>
> >I'll need someone to confirm this but I think kaudiocreator and
> >cdparanoia will rip cd's to mp3.
> >
> >BTW I bought a Kenwood a few months ago that plays mp3/wma files and
> >it kicks you know what. Being able to put 15 cd's worth of mp3's on
> >one disc is niiice.
> >

> See--that's what I'm talking about right there. The first owner of this
> vehicle (a short-timer) put an Alpine in there that does that.
> kaudiocreater and cdparanoia, eh? I guess I'll have to check them out.

I've been running with Fedora for quite a while and using Grip for
ripping cd's.
Not the fastest ripper around but efficient. Freshmeat or sourceforge
has the download.
I also have a pioneer cd/mp3/wma player in my car... it is a beautiful
thing. Never been very tolerant of commercials and talking heads in my
car while sitting at 4th and gandy.

HTH
Vern