Re: [SLUG] FISH?

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 08:33:06 EDT

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 11:36 pm, michael hast wrote:
> Gentlemen,
> In my ongoing quest to establish local file sharing, I have
> discovered three avenues by which to share files: NFS, SMB, and FISH.
> What is FISH? Do any of you know? It seems to work between a couple of
> the machines, but I've never heard of it before now. As always,
> --Michael

Hi All

Actually if you would take a look at Kbear you would discover a bit more.

First there is SSH which is command line.

Next Fish takes SSH and adds file transfer by GUI.

Then Kbear takes Fish and a number of others and proves a nice file transfer
control system.

Both Fish and Kbear require KDE.

SCOL