Re: [SLUG] People PC

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 11:52:02 EDT

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Bill Shaw wrote:

> On 10/27/05, Pete Theisen <petet@acun.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am dumping my hosting service and out goes my seldom-used dial-up
> > account with it. I may occasionally need dial-up. Has anyone any
> > experience with People PC?
> >
> > <http://www.peoplepc.com/opt/s/index.html>
>
> I believe you have to use their dialer to connect and it's Windows only. If
> you're using cable/dsl at home I believe both companies provide limited dial
> up service as part of the package though.

I know Road Runner does, but I haven't figured out the sequence to log in
from Linux yet. It dials up fine, but then I'm at some prompt with no clue
how to proceed.

SCORPIO:  Get ready for an unexpected trip when you fall screaming
from an open window.  Work a little harder on improving your low self
esteem, you stupid freak.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_