Re: [SLUG] LCD monitor

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 01:42:30 EST

Eben King wrote:

>On Sat, 29 Oct 2005, michael hast wrote:
>

>>Eben King wrote:
>>

>>>I just got a shiny new 1600x1200 LCD monitor. Yay. Yes, my video card
>>>has a DVI output. Yay. Unfortunately, the new monitor didn't come
>>>with a DVI cable. Boo.
>>>

>>You are going to LOVE your 1600x1200!
>>

>I hope so...
>

>>I did manage to get myself a 21" CRT with that kind of resolution.
>>It is GREAT! I will never be able to go back to a 1024x768 17" ever
>>again!
>>

>Yeah. My criteria were (1) more pixels than my CRT which runs at 1536x1152;
>and (2) cheap (for an LCD). 1600x1200 and $588.36 fits the bill.

That really ain't bad! (I know it's not an actual work or congunction,
but stay with me here.) I got my CRT for less than $40, and I would
love to do a couple of LCD's, but the money doesn't exist here,
unfortunately. I know you will love it. You can get multiple windows
open and see them all. Sometimes I feel guilty seeing my wife working
on her little 17". but one of these days I'm sure that she'll have one
too. I was looking at one that was a 2048x1536, but that is just
ridiculous in this size. Anyway, enjoy. I know you will. Periferals
are everyghing. Once you get past processing speed, ram and desktop
manager, you've got keyboard, mouse and monitor basically. The monitor
is what you are looking at. It is all the initial feedback you have.
It is essential to have a nice monitor to look at on your desktop for
that reason. Okay, stepping off of my soap box for this one for now.