Re: [SLUG] Burned smell from Simply MEPIS notebook

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 03:02:41 EST

michael hast wrote:
<snip>
> Okay, so the standing arguement here is that you might be better off
> getting a new laptop. So, what I wonder is how much could you piece out
> the thing on ebay for? I see those parts going for a mint there. It
> might be worth a thought...

Hi Michael!

Yeah, it could come to that. I would first see if the 512 memory chip,
combo drive and 40 gig drive would fit my old gateway solo, if they
would fit the only thing left is the screen.

Using it right now, however. For the moment the *only* thing not working
is the built-in nic, and I have a PCMCIA nic that I may be able to use.

Regards,

Pete