Re: [SLUG] Tbird Bcc button

From: botteman (botteman@knology.net)
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 13:18:33 EST

Chris Moore wrote:

> botteman wrote:
>
>> On another topic ...
>>
>> I've switched to Thunderbird (on all my machines) and need a fix.
>> When composing an email message, and I click on "Contacts" to access
>> my addr book, I see two buttons below the list. They are "Add to To:"
>> and Add to Cc:" . But I don't have an "Add to Bcc:" button. I need
>> that one real bad, and can't figure out how to add it.
>> Anybody know?
>
> The BCC option is in a drop down menu that is to the left of the email
> address that you are sending to in the compose window. That's at least
> where it is on my install using T'bird 1.0.2 on winblows.

Yeah, Chris, I've already discovered that.

The problem is that I have to change each recipient from "To:" to
"Bcc:", and
when I'm sending something to thirty or forty people, I have to change each
one manually, thirty times. Not acceptable.

Netscape, Opera, and all the other browsers allow me to select a large
group
of recipients and hit "Bcc" just once.