Re: [SLUG] Sony, Rootkits and DRM

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Tue Nov 01 2005 - 18:51:50 EST

I called Van Zant's office at 615-269-6600, and asked to speak to the producers of
their latest album. I asked them if there is a way I can buy the CD or get the music
without DRM. They said no, but Sony is will provide a work-around soon. He also said
that they had received at least 4 phone calls today regarding this issue, and they
are aware of the related activity on many forums. Evidently, Sony is aware that they
are in the wrong.

Doug