Re: [SLUG] Sniff

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 02 2005 - 17:07:37 EST

On Nov 2, 2005, at 3:30 PM, Eben King wrote:

> Maybe tcpdump, and tell it to show packets headed for or coming
> from login.oscar.aol.com:5190, messenger.hotmail.com:1863, or
> scs.msg.yahoo.com:5050. Course decoding the sender/recipient is up
> to you. Maybe it'll be nice and be in plain text? "od" is
> probably your friend at this point.

AIM can be contacted on multiple ports, including Port 21 (which is
how I get to it from my corporate network, where Port 21 is open for
FTP). It can also go through Socks or HTTP proxies (imsmarter.com is
a great example of a Socks proxy on Port 80 for AIM, Yahoo, or MSN).

Steven W. Buehler | steven@sanctuaryweb.org
Web Page: http://www.sanctuaryweb.org | http://renaitre.iuma.com
Instant Messengers: stevenbuehlerfl (AIM) | stevenwbuehler (Yahoo!) |
stevenwbuehler@msn.com (MSN Msgr.) | 342601403 (ICQ)
PGP/GnuPG Key (for private messages): http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/
lookup?op=get&search=0xB6FAFE79