[SLUG] Unknown command

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Nov 06 2005 - 20:59:32 EST

Anyone know of a command that will cause other machines on a subnet to
echo back their IPs and names? Obviously, this wouldn't work if you had
to know the names of the machines first. So it would have to be like a
broadcast command that used ICMP or something to cause others to answer.
Anyone know of such a beast? Seems like I should know this, but I don't.

Paul