RE: [SLUG] epson cx7800 driver for linux

From: Sick Twist (thesicktwist@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 15:00:59 EST

>From: Dean Shepherd <deanthecrabman@yahoo.com>
>To: slug@nks.net
>Subject: [SLUG] epson cx7800 driver for linux
>Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 07:51:25 -0800 (PST)
>
>Anyone know where I can find a driver for and
>EpsonCX7800 all-in-one? My CX5400 bit the dust, but
>it worked well on FC2. This is a fairly new model,
>and I can't get it printing in Ubuntu(works fine in
>winbloz). I tried all the CX series models listed on
>Ubuntu, but the only output on the paper looked like
>it was cussing at me! Still a noob, so I've only
>tried using the GUI, not good at command line. I
>tried a Google search, but nothing turned up as an
>exact match. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
>Dean Shepherd

I did not see the Epson Stylus CX7800 on http://ww.LinuxPrinting.org/
however there was a listing for the Epson Stylus CX6400
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_CX6400).
I'm not sure how similiar this printer is to your model but the suggestion
for the CX-6400 is to select "Stylus C82' when setting up the printer.

It seems that Stylus CX-7800 support is currently a work-in-progress but
will be available soon from the Gutenprint project (formerly Gimp-Print)
[http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-print/]. These release notes from
5.0.0-rc1 specifically mention your printer:
[http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gimp-print/print/NEWS?rev=1.241].
This new driver will most likely be included with the next version of Ubuntu
but you could try to compile it yourself if you don't have any luck with the
other drivers.

You may also want to consider posting this query in the Hardware Help
section of the Ubuntu Forums [http://www.ubuntuforums.org/].

-Jonathon