[SLUG] PostScript Level 2 vs Level 3

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 13:32:22 EST

Hi All

The office printer is doing strange thing and is in the process of deciding to
go far north for the winter to the land of frozen movement.

I was just looking at an HP 1320 and an HP 2400 as a replacement.

Reading the specifications I noted that the 1320 has PostScript level 2 and
the 2400 has level 3.

As far as printing B&W text documents in Linux is there enough difference that
level 2 will not suffice..

Or, is there a such a significant difference in drivers that one is in in
preference to the other?

SOTL