Re: [SLUG] capturing a Real Audio stream

From: Scott PIper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 00:51:15 EST

I have done this before using ecasound. I first set the sound mixer so
the output wasn't overdriven using the setmixer program
and then used ecasound to record the output to an mp3 file. It was
something like this for a 3600 second (1 hr) recording.

setmixer vol 55 pcm 55 igain 55
ecasound -t 3600 -i /dev/dsp -o mymp3.mp3

the /dev/dsp was for an OSS system. For ALSA sound output the device
would be different.

You can control the bitrate, etc of the mp3 file.

scott