Re: [SLUG] Virus now using Sony's "rootkit" DRM

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 13:01:18 EST

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 13:48 -0500, Steven Buehler wrote:
> Was only a matter of time...there is now a virus in the wild that
> accesses a system via Sony's DRM rootkit.
>
> http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/10/technology/sony_spyware.reut/index.htm

More interesting and funny in the light of this discussion is the link
at the bottom of the page:

Sony becomes part of the Linux alliance --

http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/10/technology/linux.reut/index.htm

--snip--

IBM, Sony, Philips form Linux alliance

The Open Invention Network (OIN), as the new firm unveiled Thursday is
known, could mark a breakthrough in resolving how to protect vendors and
customers from patent royalty disputes resulting from freely shared
Linux code.

--/snip--

Which ties our new found DRM friend to the linux world. :^)

Mike Branda Jr.