Re: [SLUG] Windon't Q's.

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 23:12:54 EST

You need to run the RealVNC server on the Winders box
and run the linux RealVNC client on your linux box.
Of course you will also need to poke holes through the
winders firewall and the firewall on you linux machine
to get the connection. The newest version of RealVNC
(it seems they are selling versions with more bells
and whistles, but there is still a free version) does
seem to support some encryption capability. I would
either test out that or follow the directions (find on
internet) for running VNC over SSH. Anything to make
sure everyone in the world doesn't see what you have
on your desktop :)

Have Fun.
R Eanes

http://farechase.yahoo.com