Re: [SLUG] automated sequential boot of multiple machines

From: Ian C. Blenke (ian@blenke.com)
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 12:54:40 EST

Eben King wrote:
> Switch to reiserfs. It still fscks periodically, but the fscks are trivial.

Also, dangerous. If your userspace reiserfsck doesn't match _exactly_
the version of reiserfs in your kernel, you will very likely lose data
during a reiserfsck. This has been discussed in many places, and that
fact hasn't changes AFAIK.

I've lost so much data to reiserfs, that I now refuse to use it. Sure,
it is fast, and probably has its uses in specific applications, but I've
found XFS to be _much_ safer, and generally as fast as reiserfs was for
my purposes.

YMMV.

 - Ian C. Blenke <ian@blenke.com> http://ian.blenke.com/