[SLUG] PDA phones

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 14:26:34 EST

    Hey, everybody!

    I've been dreamily looking at the PDA phones for a while now. My
wife and I both have sprint service, and now she is wanting a PDA as
well. We have looked at the Treo's and some of the others, and it looks
like we could actually get a couple of used Hitachi G1000's cheaper than
anything else. It has a faster processor than the Treo 650, and a
bigger screen, and looks like a great deal overall. The only problem is
Windoze. The Hitachi runs pocket Windoze. I was wondering if anyone
knows if that PDA could be loaded with a Linux distrobution and still
support the Sprint service? Thanks in advance for any input.

--Michael