Re: [SLUG] Friday sale ... I'm not a party

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 14:55:40 EST

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, botteman wrote:

> FWIW, Staples, the office supply store, has a sale
> between 6am ane 10am Friday.
>
> 512mb usb flash drive for 10 bucks, and
>
> 16x DVD RW double layer drive for 30 bucks
>
> after rebates of course
>

> and an ACER ASPIRE 1.5 GHz notebook for 450 bucks,
> no rebate

Keep in mind that Friday, being the day after Thanksgiving, is the biggest
shopping (and hence worst traffic) day of the year. Are those prices (while
good) worth the hassle of driving, and rebates, and overworked salespeople,
etc.? Me, I'll save the couple bucks and order from the comfort of my home,
at any time of the day, not in a four-hour window Friday.

                  "God does not play dice" -- Einstein
          "Not only does God play dice, he sometimes throws
          them where they can't be seen." -- Stephen Hawking