Re: [SLUG] aKademy 2006 in Tampa

From: Richard Morgan (rmorgan@heavysystems.com)
Date: Thu Nov 24 2005 - 14:59:10 EST

If this is something you would like to be interested in doing, please email me
offline and we will put together a working group. I don't want to flood the
User's Group with traffic about this...

I've already got one ex-Microsoft executive who is a personal friend of
mine on
board for getting the conference here. He is going to hit up Red Hat,
Mozilla,
Novell, IBM, and some other companies that he has connections with.

This will require some planning on our part and at least one hour a night to
devote to legwork scouting out locations and calling around for conference
space. Orlando might be a better location, you might be onto
something. However, we might be able to get the city of Tampa to buy
into the idea and
kick in some conference space. This is something we will have to discuss.

My personal email is rmorgan at heavysystems.com. Drop me a line next
week and
we will organize ourselves into an "official" aKademy 2006 conference planning
group.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sincerely,
Richard Morgan
Heavy Systems Administrator
http://www.heavysystems.com
Powerful web hosting and server solutions for your business.
Heavy Systems is an Authorized AMD Solution Provider.