Re: [SLUG] usb hard drive

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 14:47:36 EST

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, James wrote:

> [...]

Probably additional power. Part from here, part from there, and the drive
can spin up. But one alone may not cut it. Have you tried it without the
mouse-port attachment?

I have a small (<2", 0.5 GB) USB drive, and it won't spin up from the
header-connected ports on one of my machines (but will from the
motherboard-connected ports on the same machine), most likely because they
don't supply enough power.

                  "God does not play dice" -- Einstein
          "Not only does God play dice, he sometimes throws
          them where they can't be seen." -- Stephen Hawking