[SLUG] Qemu--promise, last thread on it!

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 22:22:28 EST

Well, gents, I did get XPee up and running as a guest OS on my Debian
box under qemu. Now, I feel like a kid on Dec. 26. The thrill of the
hunt is over and now, I'm suffering the post-excitement anti-climax.
Don't get me wrong--it's cool. It's very cool! I just can't see any
practical application for it that I could not achieve by just having
another dedicated XP machine. Under Debian 3.1 on my 2.4GH P4 w/1024MB,
XPee runs significantly slower than it does on my 933MH P3 w/512MB. If
my hard drive were a little bigger, I might just leave it all on there
for the giggles of the thing, but as it is, I need the space. Heck,
maybe I'll leave it on there for a while for the "wow" value next time
my father-in-law comes over. Most of my friends have this attitude like
"Michael's not running a real operating system, he's running linux."
Yeah. I'm going to have to keep it like this for a while. It's like
having a bird in a cage. He, he... Best regards as always,
Michael