Re: [SLUG] Re: Real OSes

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 16:19:55 EST

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 02:09:45PM -0500, Bill Shaw wrote:

> My apologies to anyone that took offense to my own rant.
>
> But lets get real here. There's valid reasons to use any OS whether
> it be Windows, Linux, BSD, OSX etc. Personally I use all of those
> previosly listed besides BSD and each because of strengths they have
> and they all have their own weaknesses. I just don't see any point to
> rants that amout to "OMG Linux crushes Windoze". Others that don't
> know why you'd want to use an alternate OS aren't going to listen if
> you can't be diplomatic and make valid points.

It should be kept in mind that this is a LINUX list. Whether anyone
agrees or not, there are a many people on this list who hate Microsoft
or hate Windows, etc. Trying to enlighten them (assuming you think
that's worthwhile) is a losing proposition; they've made up their minds
and they don't want to listen, or they've heard all the arguments
before. (That's what makes these arguments _religious_.) People are
welcome to argue for or advocate Windows, but they're swimming against
the tide. I'd advocate asbestos underwear for those who do. ;-}

Paul