Re: [SLUG] Need New Commercial ISP for Clearwater

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 19:19:12 EST

botteman wrote:

> We've been with Knology for about a year now. Getting typically 3mb/s
> download and
> 450-470 kb/s upload. No problems. Of course that's residential
> service. And you're
> looking for business.
> Going back to dsl or dialup is like reverting to using the outhouse.
> Ain't gonna happen.

What kind of crack are you smoking

A. I have DSL and I get 3mbps which is all you get according to
knology.com Also I get a full 768kbps upwhich beats you out any day of
the week. Also do to my outstanding line stats I have fast data
transerfer enabled on the line instead of interleved. ( cuts my latency
from 70-80ms to most server down to the 20-30ms pings ) ( interleved
has error correction while "fast transport" does not. Also while were
at it Verizon is going to make there 7.1 mbps/768k package available to
customers turn Q12006 until fios is in there area. which will be faster
than the fastest comcast connection at 6mbps and is over double of that
of Knology and supposely competively price against Brighthouse 10 and 15
mbps tiers

And for the simple fact that I only been down twice in the last 7 years
and both times were less than 6 hours.