Re: [SLUG] networking

From: Bill Glidden (bill@thegliddenfamily.com)
Date: Sun Dec 18 2005 - 23:57:30 EST

On 12/18/05 7:59 PM, "William Coulter" <wrcoulter30@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Now that I have gone winbloz free, how do I network my two computers? One is
> called fast and the
> other is slow. Both are suse 9.3 using kde and I am using a linksys router.
> What do I next?
>
> William

Well, you could plug both of them into your router and assign them a static
IP on your internal network (i.e. 192.168.1.61 & 192.168.1.62), and modify
the appropriate system files so the know about each other. Then you can
configure them to start up telnetd (or sshd if you suspect yourself of
trying to hack into your systems), mountd and ftpd services, and any other
networking services you want. Now you can telnet from one to the other, ftp
files back and forth, scp files, etc. You can also network mount file
systems from one onto the other and vice versa.

I guess the possibilities are endless, it's more a question of what you want
to do on this winbloz-free network.

Bill Glidden
bill@thegliddenfamily.com

Нет никаких барьеров когда нет барьеров в голове!!!