Re: [SLUG] Time and M$

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Tue Dec 20 2005 - 17:46:56 EST

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 15:19, chris lee wrote:
> Although the law does not specifically mention it, there is a
> tradition in many Usenet newsgroups that once such a comparison is
> made, the thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has
> automatically lost whatever argument was in progress.

Phew, good thing we're not on usenet... ; )

That's like the guy who got all these threats after he told people NOT TO GO
to a specific website. (It has TONS of really nasty viruses and what not on
it.)

He was making a point to a friend who thought his win machine was impervious
to viruses. He told him that that addrss would wreck his windows. Well, he
did not believe him and went there, with expected results. Only way out of it
is format and reinstall.

So he had this conversation on his blog, and a bunch of people went there
anyway... Then, they sent Him threats, after they got their machines wrecked.

He specifically said DO NOT GO HERE! But I guess for some that means the
opposit. One guy promised to burn his house down. Another (actually several
did) threatened with lawsuits because they had important things on the
computer which were lost. (One wonders why they do these things IF they have
important things...)

So you just had to click there didn't ya?!

Reminds me of that other wanna be hacker who formatted his own computer
thinking he had hacked someone else...

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.