Re: [SLUG] uptime

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 19:11:52 EST

On 12/22/05, Andrew Barber <tuorum@yahoo.com> wrote:
> But, here's a kicker: I shut the lid and suspend it
> all the time. So really the uptime is like 2 minutes
> or so while typing this, but the image has been online
> for all that time. So if I shut the lid on this Mac
> and leave it plugged, the uptime should show 7 years
> if I turn it on in 7 years. So I could have an
> absurdly high uptime and it never actually be up.

Your PowerBook is still powered and running when the lid is closed,
just on a very small amount of power, and some processes continue to
run even with the lid closed. Macs don't have a hibernate feature
like Windows and more recent Linux distros have.

19:09 up 2 days, 20:23, 2 users, load averages: 2.35 1.08 1.31