Re: [SLUG] Re: HD fscked?

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 08:27:56 EST

I know this is a "Linux List" and that non "Linux things" should not be
mentioned but. I am the best tool for the job kinda person.
I have always left a bad drive up in the freezer say 30 minute just
enough to cool it back down and then use the best 50 dollars I ever
spent booted off a dos floppy and used SpinRite that is how I have
restored what seemed to be lost data of a half way near dead drives
before for clients. I wont lie and say this is a quick fix as there is
nothing quick about spinrite but it does do it thing.