Re: [SLUG] Re: Gnome or KDE

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 11:12:55 EST

> I have also noticed that whatever distro you use. Whatever desktop you
> are first exposed to, is the one that you usually end up using the
> most. Just my two cents worth. :-)

   Not here, I started with the one that looks like win 95,
but I much prefer enlightenment. Enlightenment is menu based
and I have total control of content, verbiage and placement.
(It allows little ikons at the start of each line,
but I throw them away.) Enlightenment runs gnome and KDE
programs. Some background must be visible to bring up the
menu, wish I could find a way around that.
Second is gnome, but I have little control there and it is
more work rearranging everything to suit me that it's worth.

--
    Ron  KA4INM