Re: [SLUG] Debian

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 16:43:47 EST

On Thursday 29 December 2005 11:20 am, Ka Winter wrote:
> > I tried to select two and could not.
> > I selected Desktop on my first try, system installed
> > command line system.
> > I selected Manual Package selection on second try,
> > system installed command
> > line system.
> > My assumption at that point was that I did something
> > wrong in both cases so I
> > tried both over several times with equal results.
> > At that point I decided that I simply was more wiped
> > out that I believed and I
> > do mean physically so I went home.
>
> By the way, something I found that helps a lot is to
> do some of this at an install fest. You end up
> getting a lot of good help AND laughs and company. It
> really makes for a very different experience.

My normal procedure is to first try it myself, spend as much time as required
to ascertain what I can, ask really dumb question [you know the type is a
white house white? Don't laugh the whit house may be a name not related to
the color and I wouldn't know that.], ask for help on line in the proper
forum, and if all else fails ask for help at a SLUG meeting.

SOTL