Re: [SLUG] Trying to start a Project

From: Bob Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 23:00:06 EST

>I got Ubuntu set up on a nice system, I live in Clearwater, hope its
not to far. the only thing I dont have is a TV >tuner. But I'm not
really worried about that, I just like having one nice interface for my
dvds and mp3s and what >not.

>chris

I tried installing the ubunto 5.10 that came
on a CD taped to the cover of Linux Format
magazine. Want to try some of the edu. apps
for Pat's sisters' kid that they offer on an
accompanying CD.

Interesting that you do not get to specify a
root password, apparently one has to sudo
whatever he wants to do as root. Is this
a "bug or a feature" ?

Did not seem to detect the sound device,
this on a Dell GX1 with sound enabled
in the bios. But not sure it isn't a h/w fault yet.

- Bob