[SLUG] Bochs, Freedos, disk images

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 01:55:24 EST

This is a real long shot, because I doubt anyone is using Bochs. But
here goes:

I have an existing raft of programs and file I've been using under
Dosemu, but I'm migrating to Bochs. In order to use Bochs, I need to
feed it a disk images where the stuff is. I downloaded a 10M freedos
bootable disk image from the Bochs website. Great. But I need to get all
my program and data files onto that image. Mount -o loop won't read it
as a msdos, vfat or anything else. I don't know how to use mtools to
copy a file onto an image file.

Does anyone know how to get files onto a pristine disk image under these
circumstances?

--
Paul M. Foster